Black Moor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bennylax3

Who wants to go to Fire Lake?
Jan 3, 2004
Michigan
I have a black moor burt i want to start a warmer tank. How warm is to warm to be healthy for a black moor to live?

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
Black moors and fancy goldfish: 68 is considered ideal but do ok up to 75, I would not recommend any warmer.

Last edited:

avoxo

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2003
North Providence, RI
Visit site
Goldfish can survive at temperatures in the 80's. The only thing that you need to do is have more oxygen in the water. Adding an extra airstone, or a water pump or power head pointed straight up will do the trick. They can even survive in mid 90's for short periods of time, just make sure there is enough oxygen in the water.

goldene

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
Visit site
I find that my fish do not like it when the temperture gets too warm :( like in the summer or after awhile when the tank lights have been on 'even with an air stone' and I have recently heard that the fish age faster, so do not live as long the warmer the water as in tropical tanks etc, also one of my fancy goldfish books says above 80 and some fish may suffer :sick: and even die, so be careful..

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store