fresh water jellyfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

urbz

AC Members
Aug 24, 2009
well the other day a friend of mine said he saw some freshwater jelly fish at a local fish store i could not believe him but after looking them up and seeing that they are real. ihave thought about possible getting them ,has anyone had any experience with them

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I imagine they'd be the same as SW jellyfish regarding care. You need a round (cylindrical) tank to keep jellyfish, otherwise they'll get stuck in a corner.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I've been building a faux-kreisel tank insert to experiment with... you could in theory make a really quick jelly tank by using one of those semiround large betta bowls, or by flexing a piece of plexi into a glass tank, to make it round at the bottom and use your filter return to create circular motion in the tank. the right balance can be hard to acheive though, you don't want very much movement at all, just enough to keep the jelly's off the bottom and top.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Interesting....never heard of FW jelly either. That would be a rather interesting keep I must say.

urbz

AC Members
Aug 24, 2009
i will go to the the store this week and take a look at them

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I WANT SOME OF THOSE !!

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
Those are really interesting, how big do they get I wonder?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store