No spill HAHA.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
So I am finally the owner of a python no spill. At 7:30 while I was commuting over to bring my synos their new food, I couldn't resist giving my synos a water change since I usually do water changes around the 1 st.
I thought it would be quick and easy with this expensive new siphon which was finally long enough to reach the tank without being pulled taunt and hardly reaching the upper corner.
The "no spill" quickly turned into a fgountain. It's now 10:45 and I've been mopping up the floor at my parents. It feels like I mopped 10 gals off the floor,at any rate, more water went onto the floor then into the tank. After a while I gave up and used my old siphon. I figured I might as well and then bring here.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
That happened to me too! I did figure out the problem and it was a piece that I thought was suppost to move but apperently not. What end was it spewing out of? Mine was at the sink and it turns out ALL parts must be securley tightened!

rainbowcharmer

AC Members
Jul 30, 2007
East Coast, USA
I've had very good luck with the python. I don't use it the way it's meant to though. I still siphon without it (actually, i siphon through the python hose hooked to a garden hose that waters my yard with a long length of that "soaker" hose stuff. Or just into the yard without the soaker hose if we haven't had a lot of rain.

I only use the true python part (attached to the faucet) to fill the tank, which I've never had an issue with...

Make sure everything is tightened securely, and make sure you've not got the spout in the wrong position, since that could make a mess. Also make sure your sink drains properly, especially if you're using the siphon function of the python attached to the sink - that is a LOT of water that the drain needs to take in a short amount of time.

Good luck. :) I've had mine for about 5 years and wouldn't go without it for filling tanks!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I have been using the cheaper Lee's kit and its pretty much the same thing. I only use the the main part actually called an educator to start the siphon becasue its waste so much fresh water to use it for draining an entire tank. So I just start using it to suck the water out then pinch the hose off, shut the water off and undo the hose to place it either in the tub or one could hook it up to the sprinkler system outside.

mott

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
Hmm it's a pretty simple device to operate, did you read the instructions?

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
Yeah and while I was reading the instructions, water was spraying on the floor from the faucet end.

mott

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
Yeah and while I was reading the instructions, water was spraying on the floor from the faucet end.
Well there ya go you are supposed to read directions before you operate it :)
Don't give up on the python its the best thing invented in the past 20 years for the home aquarium..

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hmm it's a pretty simple device to operate, did you read the instructions?

ROFLMAO.....well done Eupt....i knew i could count on you to brighten my day....

:rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store