4-5'' Albino Senegal Bichir with 2 3'' S. American Lungfish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Hello, today at the lps my dad got his order in. He had ordered 2 S. American Lungfish and they came in smaller than expected. They were supposed to be 4'', but when we got their they were 3''. On top of that, they were 24.99 each!
Anyways, I look over to the tank above where they usually have their primitives such as gars and aros, polys etc and I see this beatuful albino Sengal bichir at about 4-5'' for 10 dollars. I am thinking of getting him but I worry he will bother my smaller lungfish. The bichir is a little wider than the Lungfish!
Please help if you can..
-Alex
P.S Tank is a 150 and tankmates will be thin bar dat, lungfish x2, bala x2, and alage eaters, flagtail proch.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I thought that you couldn't keep lungfish with other fish at all.

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
SA and Australian lungs are peaceful but all African lungs will eventually kill your tankmates! Also you should know that SALs (well all lungs) are not very tolerant of their own species so IMO Id just keep one. The senegal should be fine but just keep an eye on the situation.

Awesome to see another Lung keeper, lets see some pics!!!

BigFishKeeper

Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
SA and Australian lungs are peaceful but all African lungs will eventually kill your tankmates! Also you should know that SALs (well all lungs) are not very tolerant of their own species so IMO Id just keep one. The senegal should be fine but just keep an eye on the situation.

Awesome to see another Lung keeper, lets see some pics!!!
Right now they are getting along fine. Shoaling together. They are S.Amercian because they are black colored and have gold dots. I will have pics up soon. Ok I will get the senegal whenever I have a chance. I will be keeping one!
-Alex

BigFishKeeper

Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Well i went back to the lps and the albino senegal was sold...
But I looked up in the primitive tank for other bichirs that were about 4''. Their were only 10''ers in the tank. Just as I was about to leave, the owner tells me'' I thought I saw a 4'' Ornate in their.'' So he goes and takes the cave out and their is a cute lil 4'' ornate bichir in the tank. So I decided to get him... he only cost me 20 dollars! I will post pics after accumlation!
-Alex

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store