Got my first Bichir!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Today I picked up a new fish: Ornate Bichir. This is my first bichir and I love him. I orignally wanted a an albino senegal bichir but I love the Ornate's color pattern better. The Ornate is my second favorite fish.
I just thought I'd share it with you guys...
As for once I'd get to join the Bichir group!

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Congrats! Pics?!!

My senegal bichir is one of my favorite fishes -- growing like a weed thanks to beef heart.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
I know I love my bichir, they have such personality

7eddie7

Registered Member
Oct 20, 2009
Today I picked up a new fish: Ornate Bichir. This is my first bichir and I love him. I orignally wanted a an albino senegal bichir but I love the Ornate's color pattern better. The Ornate is my second favorite fish.
I just thought I'd share it with you guys...
As for once I'd get to join the Bichir group!
Dude i had a senegal bicher but had to get rid of him cuz he would eat anything that would fit into his mouth. I loved him though. THEY look so cool

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Congrats BFk

Mine will be trained not to eat live :)

That would be almost as hard as training you not to keep big fish. Hopefully you can get the ones small enough to be eaten out before that happens, and the ones who are big enough can stay in with it.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Congrats BFk

That would be almost as hard as training you not to keep big fish. Hopefully you can get the ones small enough to be eaten out before that happens, and the ones who are big enough can stay in with it.
Guess what?? The Ornate just ate market shrimp and cichlid sticks. Wow that was easy. My guess is he was a) either starving or b) never fed live.
-Alex

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store