Somethingfishy.com Discus, Yay!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I ordered 5 discus from somethingfishy.com, and am totally satisfied!:goldfish: They arrived after a few days, all alive, and all ate, that day. I'm not a discus expert, so, maybe an expert would disagree that they are quality, but for under $15 I am not complaining. If your scared to do discus, try here somethingfishy.com The shipping will kill you so buy at least 5 discus to make it worth it. I ordered the aquascribble green, and the red turquiose. All are pretty cool looking. The color has improved after two weeks. They're still pretty shy, and won't eat everything I throw in the tank, but mostly. I paid $114 something total, all said, and done. Just wanted to post, in case anyone was interested in discus, but don't want to spend $200 for a first try. A hint: Buy some beefheart flake from the site, if you want to teach them to eat other flakes. Thanks! Any comments welcome!:clap:

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
Photos?

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Wow that is cool. I demand pics :D

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Pics. ?

I'll have to see about getting my dad the photography guy in our family to take so me pics. to post, but no promises. They're still kind of dark from being moved, and medicated.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
is it www.somethingsphishy.com ? how did you come to decide to order from him?

they do have some great prices, almost pulled the trigger to order 12 (& yes he kills you on shipping) - but checking out reviews on many buyers' bad experiences, I decided to err on the safe side. his site only shows the good reviews, at least he has some good review.s

glad you had a good experience. hope he has cleaned up his act.

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Newsletter.

:goldfish:I decided on somethingphishy.com, to be honest with you, based upon price, mostly. The discus seemed healthy in the pictures, and I'm a total beginner with discus, so, didn't want to invest too much. I mean, if I'd have killed them the first day, I wouldn't have been surprised, at all. Frankly, I'm surprised all of them are fine, still. For someone only interested in a first time discus experience, this site is great. I can't attest to them being "quality" discus, since I know only what I've researched, online, but they seem nice, and round. They're eyes don't seem huge, no egg shaped discus. They're colors are nice, and they adjusted pretty well to my water parameters. :huh: I just found the post about simplydiscus.com on page 7?, but need to read it. No problems shipping, no hassles, no dead discus, no abnormalities, as far as I can tell. I'm happy. Thanks for asking. Hopefully, I'm not steering people wrong. Definately read the back posts, and check out simplydiscus.com. It's a total discus site(if it's the site I stumbled upon while researching, initially. Thanks, again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store