Finally getting my Mudskippers!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rythic

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
So my question is, I know a few of you mudskipper owners ordered from Franks Aquarium, how do the skippers come packaged? What did you give your little guys for their first meal in their new home? Do you remember what the salinity is they come in? My salinity is around 008, is that to high or should that be good? I ordered 3 of the little guys, can't wait to get them in and give you all pics! Also, have your skippers been in good shape since the purchase? Thanks all!

Twistersmom

AC Members
Jan 17, 2009
Hello and congrats on getting skippers!

I have 6 Indian skippers that I ordered from Frank. Received them on 7/7/09.
He placed each mudskipper in it's own littles bag, full of air, with a little water and a piece of Styrofoam for them to lay on.
According to my Instant Ocean hydrometer, the water they came with, tested 1.008.
I have left them at that salt gravity. So far, no problems. They are all still nice and healthy.
Their first foods, from me, was black worms. A word of caution, they become quickly spoiled on the black worms. Right now, I am having trouble getting them to eat anything else.
Good luck with yours! They are just so darn cute!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store