Pl*co

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mongrel

I am just a mere member
Nov 29, 2002
Mass
home.attbi.com
I would like everyone's opinion. I am haveing trouble trying to decide on a pl*co(s) for a 55 gal community tank. I am looking for a species that does not grow too big. If more than one is needed, so be it.

Bruddah Chrispy

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Redmond, WA
Visit site
I've got a Pl*co in my 29g tank that was advertised at my LFS as a 'violet-red pl*co' (presumably because of it's colour). I also saw what looks like the same fish on Live Aquaria advertised as a Net Pl*co (presumably because of it's ability to use a keyboard and mouse). In both cases it was described as not growing larger than 4-6".

Whatever he is, he's on the shy side and gets along with the rest of the team.

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
i Have 2 clown peco's in my tank. They grow to about 4"
The don't bother anybody and nobody bothers them.

Mongrel

I am just a mere member
Nov 29, 2002
Mass
home.attbi.com
I was actually looking at getting one. A couple more questions, I have a 55 gal. should one be enough, are they peaceful and can or should I have more than one.

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Well , if your asking about the clown's, My tank is a 65. you should be good w/ 2 , They'll stake out there own territory. make sure you have hiding spaces for them. On the violet pleco, I knw nothing about those.

Bruddah Chrispy

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Redmond, WA
Visit site
Concerning the Violet/Net Pl*co. I would think one would be enough. As punch said, make sure they've got hiding places, preferably dark hiding places.

Regarding Interstates in Hawai`i (there are three - H-1, H-2, H-3): The interstate designation comes from the use of federal funds to build/maintain the hwy. The way you get funds for these projects is not by connecting states, but by connecting military facilities. Hawai`i is hip deep in bases (to prevent secession ;) ) so, they got funding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store