1 tuff baby cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

highgrovemanor

AC Members
Oct 27, 2003
Visit site
Woweee, I just came to realize a tank I unplugged at least a month ago still has some life!

The cichlids in my 29 have been moved around abit while we've been renovating the house, and I had an opportunity to isolate momma for her release. But I hadn't seen the baby in quite awhile, so I figure the little rascal didn't make it, so I put her back in with the others and just unplugged the tank until I could get around to it.

no light, no filter. 1 quarter inch baby swimming in 29 gallons of still water, making it on its own.

just had to share. :)

**update**

TWO baby cichlids!

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
Good job with that. What cichlid is it? Most cichlids need a larger tank then 29 gal.

highgrovemanor

AC Members
Oct 27, 2003
Visit site
Pseudotropheus saulosi, which is the only type of cichlid I've had for maybe 10 years.

1 is still quite small, so I'll try to grow them out alittle before moving them as I'm afraid they'll get eaten. I do hope they are girls, as my m/f ratio is skewing as the trio I bought last year had 1 late blooming male.
Curious to see if they're ok, or if they're stunted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store