125G

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Czr073

AC Members
May 27, 2009
My tank has been throw a 6 month cycle and i think is ready for some coral.. My tank is 6ft long so lots of stuff can be put.. what should be the first corals i put into this tank?

Czr073

AC Members
May 27, 2009
the lights were given to me from a friend. but i think its over like 15000k but not positive..

Czr073

AC Members
May 27, 2009
actually i think its way over that but how do i find out..?

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
Easy way is to take a picture of the fixture and we might be able to figure it out. Also, take a picture of the bulbs (with the lights off).

A point of note is that six months is about the run time for PC and metal halides so you may need new bulbs soon.

Czr073

AC Members
May 27, 2009
you cant tell anything with the lights off.. theres 3 white and one blue.. when he gave me the lights he said i needed to get another blue one.. but the only reason he didnt have one was because he had a extra white..

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Looks like an Icecap ballast running 4 VHO bulbs (Pre-T5HO bulbs). First thing, I would definately recommend rewiring the lighting setup so it isn't so dangerous. I would mount the ballast on the outside/back or top of the canopy and just have the wires for the lights come through little holes drilled in the back so you keep the ballast/power connections on the outside of the tank so they wont corrode from the saltwater.

Next, your lighting would be considered low/medium so that would limit you to softies and LPS corals and low light SPS corals like Monti's which is fine for a beginner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store