Rainbow Land Crabs Questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pufferpuggirl

Registered Member
Nov 9, 2009
Creswell, England
I am hoping that someone on this forum can be of help. I have sat here this morning trying to find specific information on the Rainbow Land crabs and I'm surprised by just how much is lacking on the web! I actually came across this forum in my search and thought I would join up and see if anyone can help me.
I have 3 Rainbow Land crabs (will refer to them as RLC's from here out), I have 1 large male and 2 smaller females. I've had them for a couple of months with no problems, so far. One of them has molted, and I'm hoping the other two will follow soon.
Basically I'm very curious about what different people are feeding theirs. When looking at what information I could find on the net, all that was said was something like - "eats anything given to them, fruits, vegetables, meat ...". But nothing specific. I want to know what sort of vegetables should I offer them, and what kind of fruits do they like? I am currently feeding them fish pellets, bloodworm and sometimes pieces of shrimp. I've given them grapes in the past because it seems that I read about them liking those. But I want to be able to offer them more variety, so I'm hoping someone can give me an idea of what theirs are eating.

So .... anyone with RLC's ..... would love to hear from you! :1zhelp:

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
Sorry I know very little about raising crabs but as I was reading your post I also realized I have no idea what a RLC even looks like, so I thought that perhaps if you posted a picture or two, you might get more help. I've discovered that one fish can go by several different names, which is a bit confusing!:irked: Anyway, I'm sure someone on here knows what the proper diet should be and will be able to help you. ;)

pufferpuggirl

Registered Member
Nov 9, 2009
Creswell, England
Rainbow Land Crab - Cardisoma armatum

Yes, sorry, you're right, I should know that because there's the same problem with puffer fish, someone calls it one thing and someone else knows it as something different. That's the problem with common names. Here's a photo of my big male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store