Marmorkreb not eating and eye damaged

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ruppera

Registered Member
Feb 22, 2009
I have a marbled cray that was berried and had babies at the end of Sept. It was a cray that was brought home at the end of May after my daughters 3rd grade class did a unit on Crayfish in the spring. It is in a 10 gal tank with an Aquaclear 20 filter, sponge pre-filter, air stone and heater set to 75 degrees. An 1/8 inch of gravel on bottom. Fed Nutrafin Max Spirulina flakes(40% spirulina), HBH Frog and Tadpole bites, Hikari Algae tabs. Change about 35% of water weekly.

The last couple of weeks she has been eating very little. Ever since having the babies her appetite has decreased quite a bit. About two weeks ago I noticed that her right eye is white and flat. She must have punctured it somehow cause now she is definitely blind in that eye. She does not move around much and I cannot get her to eat any of the foods she has previously eaten.

Will she regenarate another eye the next time she molts?

mstrpln03

AC Members
Nov 17, 2008
New Jersey USA
I doubt the eye will regenerate. As far as feeding goes, mine go crazy for peas (take the kernel out of the shell) and sliced cucumber (to keep it on the bottom I use a twist tie and a rock). They also love to eat pond snails. Good Luck

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Is there anyway to post photos of your crayfish. It sound like a fungal infection but I can't be sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store