the new viv's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well been going a little re-arranging after i upgrades one of my vivs from this

which i had naglected. to a 20 gallon long i converted

i'm pretty happy with it and once the plants grow in should look pretty good.

the other tank i've been messing around with finally settled on something that was inspired by mellowvision's 5.5 gallon paludarium.

the main substrate will be a mix of fluorite and some bonsai soil type stuff that has really good drainage. using it mainly because i can incorporate some type of water fall thing that will disappear into the ground. still working out some of the details on that but should be fun.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
looks great, cant wait for the palud to be complete

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
They look good. I like that you flipped the 20 gallon like that.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
thanks every one. not sure i would call it a paludarium because there wont be any open space with water (there there will be quite a bit of water though). if i had i bigger tank i would have defiantly had some type of open pond area and i might do that if i ever nab a bigger tank. i actually at first left a little strip open for water in the front but i decided i would like more room for plants and there wants really enough room for me to add any thing aquatic in front. so i moved it up you can sort of tell by the stip of black silicone where i added more egg crate. i also need to find out how well the water feture is going to work too, im using Loc-lines so that might let me have a little bit more control of where thay go.

mellowvision on you paludarium how do you like the loc-lines you used? and how flexible are thay?

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
They look good. I like that you flipped the 20 gallon like that.
thanks i got the idea and instruction on how to do this from here. mine isn't nearly as well done but presentable. that probably has to do with using an old tank with parts of the trim broken and rushing some what. no animals in there but as some point there will be just not sure what. i work in a pet store that has a huge selection of geckos so i have quite a few options there.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You should get a small diurnal gecko species for that tank. Maybe a pair Gold Dust Day Geckos or some type of Lygodactylus species.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well i like there looks but i think i'm going to hold off and wait for the plants to get established first. the last geck i had was living in my dorm for a good month before i caught him. he later disappeared into my my house never to be seen again (i think he got out side).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store