Blue Pearl Shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
yup, moderately hard water. temps in the 70's. They are Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis. They are nice shrimp. I used to keep them but they weren't 'blue' enough for me. Their colors can range from a frosty blue/white to a nice clear bright blue.

fabsroman

AC Members
Sep 30, 2008
West Friendship, MD
cool thanks for the info i think ill keep an eye out for some of these guys
They aren't easy to find. I spent over a month looking for a decent price on them and they just arrived today. About 25 of them in the bag and one of them was berried. They went to eating as soon as I put them in the tank, which is a good sign. Knock on wood. Now, if I can just get my yellows to a decent colony size I will be set.

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I have blues and a few baby blues ATM.
I have 2 adults they are berried quite often.
But they are more of an ice blue.. Very pale.
Not many BLUE shrimp in my tank yet.

fabsroman

AC Members
Sep 30, 2008
West Friendship, MD
I have blues and a few baby blues ATM.
I have 2 adults they are berried quite often.
But they are more of an ice blue.. Very pale.
Not many BLUE shrimp in my tank yet.
Have you posted pics of your berried shrimp? If so, I think I have seen them, and was even considering asking you if you wanted to sell me some. I'm hoping the 20+ I just got work out.

Mustang Boy

AC Members
Aug 6, 2008
Tampa,FL
yea im hoping that once i get a little more experience with shrimp about doing an all blue tank with some blue pearls and some blue tigers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store