marineland stealth PRO

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
alright, so many of us know that marineland has come out with their next line of heaters, from what ive read, this heater is supposed to combine the greatest features from the visitherm and the stealth. anyone have reviews or want to try it? i just got it in the mail from drsfostersmith.com and im wondering if it is as good as it sounds???

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3743+21323&pcatid=21323

a few new fetures ive noticed already is the bigger knob for adj. the temp (thank you!!!) and a LED in that handle, this LED turns red when heater is running, and green when water is at the temp. you set it at. it is also more oval shape, rather than the old stealths im wondering if this is supposed to help hide it more, or for more water to pass over it and dispurse the heat faster.

Last edited:

zzyzx85

the casual hobbyist
Dec 3, 2007
OC, CA
Yeah, I saw those while I was browsing eBay last night. I thought it was a typo or someone was trying to "up-badge" a regular Stealth.

The bigger knob and the LED is a welcome addition. Is it really elliptical or is the just the photo? I would think that a circular cylinder would have the most surface area for water to flow around, but I'm also thinking it is elliptical for those of us who mount our heaters horizontally in the tank. Bubbles often form on the surface and leave white-ish hard water marks on the surface. I'm guessing the elliptical shape would eliminated it by letting the bubbles roll off easier.

rocker92

Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
yes, it is elliptical, the one thing i dont like about the heater is that the info, with brand, reccomended voltage, ect. is mounted on the left side, looks kinda tacky.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I just replaced all my Visitherms glass heaters with new Visitherm\ glass heaters. They've changed and improved them as well. I do see that the old ones were made in Italy and the new ones are all made in China.

rocker92

Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
anyone else have any thoughts?

fishie111

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
I just received 2-250s that I ordered from drsfostersmith. I'll post what I think when I get them deployed.

Beardog

AC Members
Oct 13, 2009
Florida
I have two on the way with my Drsfosterandsmith order. I thought I ordered regular stealth's because I have been really happy with the performance of the two I have, so I figured why not stick with what works. This thread made me go back and look at my order and they are indeed the new steath pro's. I didnt even notice when I placed my order. I should be more observant.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store