Ramshorns with vals and swords...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

echoofformless

Peat Advocate & Defender Of Snails
Oct 1, 2005
Phil Uh Del Feeya
www.myspace.com
I have some hitchhiker ramshorns living in a 5g tank where they keep my anubias very clean and happy. I really like them and I'm thinking of adding a few to my 55g just to increase diversity. There are vals and swords living in that tank and doing very well.

Does anyone have experience with hitchhiker ramshorns and these plants? The last thing I want to do is introduce destruction into an otherwise perfect system.

botia

AC Members
Jan 26, 2009
Connecticut
My ramshorns will usually only eat the rotting leaves they have never made any noticeable damage to any of my plants.I have some vals but no swords.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I have ramhorns in my tank with swords and val===no problem.

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
I had a few ramshorns that came in on some plants and are currently in my tank with a melon sword and I've had absolutely no problems other than it's their favorite place to lay eggs. My mom also had a few in her tank and she didn't find all the eggs so now she has about 100 in there. Just be sure you look for the eggs if you don't want a bunch of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store