Silver Molly girl with Fungus? Cure..??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
No fungus there. There appears to be a cyst or tumour under the scales, but no fungus.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
Doesn't look like fungus to me, either. When you say a puff of fungus, can you describe it? Have you been treating her with any meds?

Fungus has longer hairy looking fuzz as opposed to bacterial which is more cottony; shorter tufts of cottony-looking lesions.

Here's a pic of fungus, and then the next two pictures are of Columnaris, which is a bacterial infection. The two conditions are commonly mistaken, one for the other.

Fish fungus photo.jpg

Flex1 red betta.jpg

Columnaris pic.jpg

Your Molly's lesion looks like a lump under the skin in the picture. Can you try to get more pics? Maybe this would help.

Fish fungus photo.jpg Flex1 red betta.jpg Columnaris pic.jpg

secuono

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
VA, USA
Like I said, a week or so ago, it looked like a round fluff ball. Now it's gotten down some and these are the best pics I can get. It's now flattened and 'matted' like real cotton balls tend to get after awhile. Treated with Kordon herbal Ich/Fungus and later QuickCure since other fish were acting sick and they perked right up after a day of very diluted QC.

secuono

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
VA, USA
She's healing really well. It went down a lot more than it was a few days ago. I'm guessing by next week, she should be back to normal.

secuono

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
VA, USA
She has healed almost completely now! She has a slight yellow tinge to the area and it's raised a tad, but it should be back to normal real soon!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store