Woah!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I have a 5 gallon invert tank that sits on my desk. I love watching these guys:) I put a new java fern in last night and my cherry shrimp have been going to town cleaning it. I also have a few white wriggly worms in this tank. One of the worms swam into the plant and apparently too close to a male cherry shrimp. Well the shrimp grabbed it and ate it! Part of the worm got away but it was swimming badly I suspect it may not have made it. The shrimp just finished is meal and went back to cleaning the java fern. I've never seen any behavior like this, it was cool to see.

brittanyd0203

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Vienna, WV
Hahaha! I've got some detritus worms in my tank (which sounds like what you have) and occasionally one will swim next to my betta and he'll snatch it up. I've seen my puffer do this as well. It's quite entertaining to watch!

pbmax

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Olympia, WA
My molly fry will eat the little swimming worms, but I haven't seen my shrimp do it. Maybe your shrimp could train mine... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store