new 55 gallon paludarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

2brown347

AC Members
Oct 18, 2009
I just got another 55 gallon aquarium and decided I want to convert it into a paludarium. I already have it planned out and it's going to be real simple. I'm either gonna put scarlet badis or a betta in the water so I don't really want crabs or anything that will eat or mess with them. I'll also probably throw a few shrimp in there.

What I'm looking for is something for the land. I really want something small, and easy. I've kept a few reptiles and a couple frogs before so I'm not completely new to them, but my knowledge is limited. It seems no matter what I search its just a bunch of people saying OMG!!! FIRE BELLIE TOAD:frog: which isn't what I'm going for.

I basically want something really small. I know 55 gallons is pretty big but I want there to be a lot of room. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Summary: What are some small land dwellers? Cheaper is better

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
How much water do you want it to have? As far as frogs go, Clown Tree Frogs and African Reed Frogs stay pretty small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store