*finally* started up my reef again. --long post

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
once again, school gets in the way and i forget about this site too much ): anyway, just thought i would update on a few things.
thanksgiving break is coming up, so ill be on a bit more.

so back about a year ago, i had a 24 reef. that wasn't really the best, or anything really well taken care of :x but it was my first.
i spent probably way over 1,000 on that just for the few months i had it.
and when we moved, i had to sell it for 100$ in cash. lol im still mad at myself. but whatever. '-'

anyway, we have been in this house for over a year, and i wanted to try to start a FW up again.
so i brought up one of my old 20g, and cycled it, with gravel and some rocks. then...it just sat there o.0
i totally like wasn't in the mood anymore. so i took it down, and i really wanted to do saltwater again. like out of all the tanks ive had, my SW was my favorite.

my parents and grandparents know i want to eventually be a marine biologist, so they will pay for my tank supplies and whatever i need.
so i started a 30 gallon.
it came in a SW tank kit, which i know isnt the best, but its running really great.
at first i started with some live sand, and a few peices of rock that i got when i went to a store in chicago, for 12.99 a pound :O it was crazy...
so i watched it and let it cycle untill i could get more rock, (at another pet store lol) so it cycled, all the levels are great, and it looked really good.

then just this weekend, they took me up to lansing where this biiiiig petstore was. and the rock was 5.99 a pound.
and i only had about 3 pounds in there...o.o
and the tank has been running for about 3 months, and fully cycled. so i picked out about 8 more pounds of rock, and coral frags they had for 15.00 each, or 12.00 after you buy 5 or more.

so the rock came to about 48.00, for the 8 pounds.
and as we were walking out the door, they said that the owner just started a sale, that whatever you could fit in this huge bucket was yours for 50.00.
so i ended up getting over 30 pounds, for 50.00.
and 7 frags for 12.00 each. :O

i got frogspawn, red mushrooms, blue mushrooms, green ricordea, green stars, and two other ones that came with it i guess. and i know the name i just cant spell it. hahah

so yeah ill upload pictures eventually, i only have my camera phone :x
and this thread may need to be moved if it doesnt go here :x i dont even know anymore. haha so many new sub forums :x

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
sweet! lets see them pictures.

On a side note, im planning on going to college for marine biology also!

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
ahh lol sweet.
i really want to work at the shedd aquarium in chicago.
but idk :x

and i'll put up some pictures in a bit. i have to upload them from my phone

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
LOL! i just realized i spelled the title wrong.
it was supposed to say loNg post.
ha im stupid >.<

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store