Have you ever seen a Dwarf Shrimp Poop?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
In a period of deep meditation- pondering the cosmos... the galaxy and life as we know it... I just realised something...

My fish poop... my snails poop (gosh do they ever... I now know why some people call tylos 'elephant snails')...

I know my shrimp and dwarf crays must poop too... yet...

I've never seen them in the act? There is a well known children's book that states "everybody poops" and obviously anything that eats must also excrete...

Has anyone witnessed this elusive act? Or are shrimp breaking 'the rule' that governs all animals?

This is a perplexing conundrum and will surely keep me awake all night long pondering where does all the shrimp poo go? and why do I never see it?

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Yes. I have seen my fish and dwarf crays poop.

Thank you for making me realize the limitations of my sad little life......:goldfish:

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Yes. I have seen my fish and dwarf crays poop.

Thank you for making me realize the limitations of my sad little life......:goldfish:

Oh, fish do it all the time...

... but it's the dwarf shrimp that confound me... I've got plenty of 'em and yet I've never seen evidence that they do.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Not that I wait for such an event to bring excitement to my otherwise boring existence, but alas and alack, I have witnessed my little RCS trailing strands behind themselves indicating they hadn't done a very good job of wiping before leaving the toilet area.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Well.. I shall be able to sleep tonight now I know they don't violate the known laws of nature... but I'm going to have to pay extra attention to them from now on... my life will never be complete until I witness this rare act.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store