Pale colored Pseudochromis?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BavarianBuilt

AC Members
Jul 2, 2008
Northern Virginia
I noticed today that my bi-color pseudochromis doesn't look the way he usually does and it has me concerned about the other fish in my tank. He typically has a very vibrant pink/yellow color to him, however today he is looking a bit pale and blotchy. His entire lower jaw is white and the rest of him is pale. His personality is the same. He is very active, ate food and does all the things he typically does. Any ideas what could be up? The last new fish I introduced to the tank was a Coral Hawkfish about 2-3 months ago. In the year and a half I have had this tank I have never had a sick fish or any other sorts of illnesses. Water change was done last night. Did not get a chance to do chemical tests yet today. Thanks everyone!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Is he pale or is there a cloudy/white coating on him? Is he eating? Are all other fish eating? Brooklynella might be something to look out for. Did your fish come under any stress over the last week or so? Maybe a pH swing? That kind of stress could cause an outbreak.

BavarianBuilt

AC Members
Jul 2, 2008
Northern Virginia
He is definitely pale. You know how all the fish become a little pale at night when the light is off? He looks like that all day long. I can't think of anything that could have stressed the tank. It's been stable for months. Eating and swimming around just fine.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Eating is good. What are you feeding? I would think mysis and some enriched brine would be a good diet with some flake and pellets mixed in. I wouldn't make the enriched brine the staple diet but lean more towrads the mysis. Also, maybe add a Vitamin supplement like Selcon or a garlic additive like Garlic Xtreme. HTH

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store