thinking about giving up on marmorkrebs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
my marmorkreb just ate her second batch of eggs. i swear to god if she doesnt keep eating them im gonna sell her. i got her so i could sell the babies, but if she wont let them hatch than she can go.

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
I'm so sorry - But believe me I know how you feel. I tried, and tried, and tried to raise Briggs. Only once did I get them to adult size (only about twenty out of one hundred or so), and the other time I had beautiful pinks and purples. Two made it to the size of peas.

I eventually gave up. No words of wisdom here but keep trying and good luck!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Did you ever try that method to which you take the eggs out and have an airpump to oxygenate the tank?
no. ive been meaning too but i dont know how without harming her

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
she doesnt eat hardly anything when holding eggs, and cuts back food to about half, i can tell cuz theres always food left when shes holding.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I'd look to the tank conditions. Is the tank crowded? Does she have enough placed to feel safe? Is there anything harassing her in the tank like shrimps or other crays? I'd watch her carefully when she berries up again. I definately wouldn't take the eggs from her--she could get injured doing that. Sometimes younger crays are not successful with their first couple of berries. Give her time is my opinion if everything else inside the tank is set up properly and she appears safe and comfortable.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store