AMMONIA TABLETS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wufscello

AC Members
Dec 2, 2009
hey i was wondering if those ammonia eliminating tablets work? I need to find an easier efficient way of getting rid of the ammonia as being a college student i dont have much time.
ALSO:
I have two puffers and the frozen shrimp(not freeze dried) is reallly messy and even when i try to clean it out after they eat, the small praticles cloud the water every time. I can't change the water every time i feed them. Will this get better as they eat more. they are only about an inch and a half. they are getting used to the tank so they arent eating as much. (the pet store i got it from told me to feed them this)

and is ghost shrimp good enough for their teeth? or do they need something with a harder shell? i feed them ghost shrimp a couple times a week

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
The biological filter should take care of ammonia. Regardless of that, water changes are a necessary thing, especially with puffers, which can be fairly messy eaters as you have discovered.

I would feed something harder than ghost shrimp, i.e. ramshorn or pond snails. If they are making a huge mess while eating, try feeding less.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Yes, please post your exact parameters: ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. Also, how long has it been set up, how large is the tank & how large are the puffers? List all tank mates too.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
What ever happened here? My guess is the puffers are overstocked/overfed/undercleaned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store