CPOs with fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I'm thinking about setting up a 15 gallon or 20 L and stocking it with nano fish. I would like to have a pair of CPOs as well. For fish the only thing I have my heart set on are dwarf cories and dario dario. There will be a lot of hiding places. I'm planning on making some PVC pipe tunnels and having them come out of the gravel and running along behind plants.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I think that should be fine. i am not very familiar with dario dario but I know the dwarf cories will be fine.

pbmax

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Olympia, WA
I've seen my crays easily fight off fish that were 3x their size. Claws are for the win :)

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
I believe that they will be fine as well with the only problem being that the fish--even very small fish--will eat the craylettes. BTW- going the other way--I placed four adult CPOs into a tank with adult Angels. They are doing just fine and holding their own. It is a planted tank with plenty of hiding areas.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
My well-fed male tried to eat a 2" long angel and tore up some fins, but smaller (and smarter) cories and badis should be fine.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
It would be fine if some of the babies got eaten. I don't have the room for a bunch of baby crays but I really love the one I have and now I want more :)

It seems crazy that an 1.25" cray would try to take out a 2" fish. They are pretty fearless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store