Fish in bag need ID quick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
It was sold to me as a scooter bently.
I thought. I owned one before NOT the same fish.
The best I can describe it is a "desert camoflaged"mandrin goby.
small mouth red lower lip.
clear tail with red and white spots.
What is it ?
is it "reef safe"?

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
Sure dont look like the pic
It has the same shape and fins as a mandrin and scooter but red on the tail and lips only.
Anyway I will release him soon anyway:)
I got him at petco:( for $6.50
they also have a blue starfish with 5"tenicals for $18.99 would this work in a FOLR corals soon.

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Originally posted by somefinnfishy
...they also have a blue starfish with 5"tenicals for $18.99 would this work in a FOLR corals soon.
I would hesitate to introduce a blue star (linkia laevigata) unless you have a very well established tank with pristine water quality.

EDIT: - they are okay for FOWLR and they are reef safe.

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
He has a tad pole look to him <big head>
Probialy just young and starving 2".
His spots are dark brown with black trim.
a purple hue on the top of head.

Santa can you bring me a digi cam?:rolleyes:

somefinnfishy

AC Members
May 12, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by gcvt

I would hesitate to introduce a blue star (linkia laevigata) unless you have a very well established tank with pristine water quality.

EDIT: - they are okay for FOWLR and they are reef safe.
OK
The tank is a 55 with 2 eclipse 2 hoods modified with 4 extra 13w cf for a total of 114w keep bulbs "hot"
4-5 DSB 60# LR rock 50% good uncured LR added almost a year ago.
It was moved from a 25 a month ago that had CC substrte.
I floated the CC in a mesh bag and let all the critters escape before I trashed it:)
Stock
yellow tang little less than 4" <work at LFS tradeing soon>
firefish
Small clown
pepermint shrimp @ arrow crab <fighting one must go thinkng arrow>
emerald crab
4-5 big turbo's
And the new bently

The star was cool:cool: Someone tell me its ok.

I agree. Linkia Starfish (linkia laevigata) are hard to keep. Usually they are extremely sensitive to even the slightest water change. All stars have a hydrovascular systems that arr very sensitive to water changes, esspecielly in salinity, temperature, and pH. Any fast changes in pH, salinity, or temperature can cause damage resulting in Loss of limbs, shrinking, and slowely dying off. They will also need a very specific diet, and if its requirements aren't met, it's sure to die off.

But, don't get your hopes up. Not all linkia stars are this sensitive. The Linkia guildingi or the Orange Linkia is actually not a 'true' linkia starfish. These do much better in the aquarium, and sia dot be much easier and hardier to keep, than the blue linkia. Although, these still are sensitive, and I would only recommend only to add it to a mature tank!

PH =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store