My Craigslist Find

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Local guy was selling a 55 with stand for $40. Picked it up before anyone else because I was local and got the money to him same day. I already have a eheim 2212 filter, the bigger of the 2 they say it's good up to 90 so I plan on using this. Probably getting a CO2 system for it and building a DIY canopy since it had no lid. I am planning on doing a AH supply lighting system. I am thinking 2 96watt kits. But you can only do 6700k bulbs. I was also thinking of just 1 96watt 6700k and 1 or 2 7800k. I say 7800k because aren't they more of a color popping spectrume? My 29 has a 67k and a colormax bulb which looks blue. Would a 7800k make the fish more colorful, I want they fish to pop too. Or is a colormax something special maybe I should just get a couple colormax bulbs on there own. Any suggestions? I will keep this thread up to date as I build the lights, canopy, stain the stand, setup the co2 ect.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Yup , photo's are always good :)

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Tried to get photo's this weekend. It is stored in my crawlspace right now. Went back with the camera and forgot a flashlight. The flashlight wasn't the only thing I forgot, I forgot about that steel I-beam back there. Wacked it good and bled all over. Didn't need stitches but I got a nasty gash and bump on my forehead now. I will try to get some more pictures later in the week when I brave up to go back in there. LOL

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Can't believe I actually found this thread again. Time to update it. I pulled the stand out stripped all the pine off and started piecing it together. Found some cabinet doors at a second hand hardware store and got a bunch of oak trim and boards.

I am almost done putting the stand together and will post some pictures tonight. I plan on staining it red mahogany. I figured I would be done with it by now but it is a lot more work then I thought it would be.

The tank is going to replace my 29 planted. I already have the lights, heater, glass lids, and the Eheim 2217 running the 29 will move over. Stocking will be the same stock in the 29 for a while and when I decide to add more fish it will just be more Sunset Rainbows and a couple more synos.

But the move over will be 6 sunset rainbows, 2 syno petricola, 4 amano shrimp, 2 green lace shrimp and a L144 long finned yellow pleco and a long finned BN calico pleco. Oh yeah and one really old sad looking sparkling gourami.

I know in the 29 I was overstocked but I planned on setting up the 55 a long time ago. Just a tip to other people when they get a new tank, don't buy new stock until the tank is ready. :)

Jill-O

All American Girl (all grown up)
I think you hit that ball out of the park!!! WTG :) :) :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store