Metal fishing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rickmathew

Registered Member
Dec 9, 2009
I have challenged myself to just go out with an assortment of shorty sizes and hook dressings. I am very happy with my results so far. I was worried that I would only catch blues, and that has not been the case. I've also been putting smelly jelly on the bucktail.

Don't know if it's working, but I did catch a striper in the dark last night. That's another thing that I was wondering. Would they catch at night. If I only use this lure, I am challenged to try and make it work. So my question is, are there any guys out there they are really good with tins or just use them a lot, that can talk about keeping a tin where they want it in the water column how they fish em in blitz conditions to get the type of fish you want etc.

Basically I'm looking for sharp advice on how to use them in various conditions. Feel free to write about anything and everything involving fishing with tins that comes to mind. One thing I'm wondering, is what to do when there is a real fast sweep. Do you use a standard retrieve, or maybe jig and flutter it down. Please teach me to get better at this practice. Thanks guys. I know I'm asking a very broad question. But that's my point. You get to add specific situations and what you do.

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
I'm guessing it would depend mostly on the action of the specific tin you're using versus conditions

If you had a swim action tin in a heavy current for example...I would simply toss it about parallel to the boat so it gets the time it needs to reach the specific depth and let the current do the work...adjust your line accordingly depending on what you want to catch

I can't talk much about my experience with them as I haven't used them for at least a good 10+ years (bloody technology)

the heavier the current the further I would cast towards the current to let it drop a bit before the line tightens

Without current you're pretty much doomed on a slow to medium retrieve

This is simply why I enjoy river fishing more than fishing in a lake

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store