Good tackle?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
So I'm in the process of making a christmas list and I figured I can use some good tackle. So I was wondering whats some good tackle for bass fishing? I mostly do bass fishing but I go to lakes that aren't just filled with bass so you can label whatever you recommend and if you can please list on what it would be used for.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
spinner baits, rattle traps, power worms, hooks(NOt Baitholder), bullet weights, Jigs with pork, spinner baits!,

if you go bed fishing during the spawn you will see the ba and just throw a worm right on the bed then BOOM fish on

GreenTerr0

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
what kind of rods\ reel do u have? ie 7'6" medium heavy bait casting rod with shimano curado baitcasting reel, a lot of lures work best with the properly paired tackle im just wondering if you want just lures or rod\ reel also... for bass i always have 4 rods setup in the boat, jig and pig... strike king makes some good flipping jigs and zoom makes these trailers called chunks, get a black flipping jig ( weight varies depending on cover youre fishing) and for the chunk get the black one also or black with blue flakes, the senko worm is also another great bait for bass, far easier to use then the jig. depending on your water clarity youll have to adjust the colour of the senko typically the darker the water the darker the bait, as for size i go with 5" and buy some decent hooks like gamagatsu 5 o\t offset worm hooks... , spinner bait like mentioned above is also great for a search bait when locating bass, once you know where they are you can slow down and work the otherl ures and finally for top water go with the zara spook, something with a light bottom and dark top like olive green and white belly works well.... if you have any questions feel free to pm me i can help you out further

MMG

Registered Member
Nov 8, 2009
Plastic worms belong in every bass fisherman's tackle box. They come in all shapes and sizes. Ask the locals where you fish what colors and sizes work best.

When you make out your list for Santa, remember that all that stuff in the tackle shop has one purpose. It is there to catch fishermen's wallets. (because fish don't have any money)

Bonne46

AC Members
May 20, 2009
My fishing rod is a Shakespeare Ugly Stick, SPL1100 6'6" (1.98m) Action M (6-15lb line) The reel it says USP 4335. The reel came with the rod, and I do know I need a new one cause its OK and its crapping out on me.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Fishing on a spawn bed isn't fishing - it's destroying a potential future fish. Anyone that does is not a "Sport" fisherman. Glad that it is illegal here to do so.

One of the best things you can do is to go to local bait shops and find out what sells the best, what fish prefer in color and presentation according to the water. Different times of the year call for different colors of bait. Water clarity has a lot to do with it and it will be general knowledge at your local bait stores.

The same can be said about line weights and that will affect rod choices. I use Bass Pro Shop rods, Fenwick, Orvis, Silstar (before they were made in China), Penn, and other top manufacturers as well as custom made ones; quality rods and not discount store rods. A single quality rod is worth 10 discount store rods. If properly taken care of it will last the rest of your life.

glasman

Happy fishies please!
Dec 9, 2009
Louisville Ky
Real Name
Scott
Rooster Tails, Beetle Spins, Road Runners, Buzz Baits, Rapala 2 part crank baits. These are my favorites.

GreenTerr0

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
Shimano crucial, life time warranty, excellent rods also shimano compre, lifetime warranty and less expensive, bonne is exactly right, fish only when in season give the fish time to get off the beds and catch and release mannnn!!!!!! Take a picture and some measurements and a good taxidermy will make an exact replica

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I don't bass fish as much as I fish Galveston Bay, but I use a 7' Ugly stick rod and an Abu Garcia 6500 C4 bait casting reel for both. Cheaper than Shimano but good equipment nonetheless. The Shimano is probably better for casting lighter worms and jigs.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store