Synodontis petricola Riparium Display

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
This is the beginning of a journal thread dedicated to the development of a new setup that I just started, a planted riparium display for a group of Syn. petricola cats and a couple of other species. The other night I tore down another tank that I had had going for a little while to make room for this new one. I had that 65-gallon riparium journaled over in another thread. Here it is halfway through tear-down.

I removed the tank to another spot, but I am using the same stand. filter and light fixture for the catfish tank, which will go into a rimless 50-gallon.

A couple of weeks ago I started a preliminary thread that I used to narrow down species selection for the new riparium setup, settling on the Synodontis petricola. It turned out that there was an offer in the Marketplace for juvenile S. petricolas from member My Fishy1. My order of seven little fish looked great when they came in the mail.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
...and here is the new tank in place and with water in it.

It's a bit more than 2/3 full. I applied a black painted background just to the portion that will be below water.

This tank has a very nice shape. I like the proportions much more than for that taller 65.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I have made a little more progress. Here is the setup with gravel, filter and heater.

I have some shots of the hardscape and I will post one of those too. I will be able to add fish and plants soon!

MGDMIRAGE

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Looks nice and clean so far !

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great start! I like the proportions also.....

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I was lucky with the proportions. I just shot for something between 2/3 and 3/4 full.

Here it is with gravel, filter, heater and hardscape.

I got the P. chica mollies and some plants in there tonight. I should be back with additional updates soon.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Colorful rocks.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store