broken assasin snails

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i got 5 assasin snails from mgamer that i am happy with. the issue is that they arent doing their job. they only eat pellet food and with all my ramshorns crawling on their shells with no fear i can only wonder... are they broken? maybe they forgot they are assasin snails? everything i red points to them prefering to eat snails over anything else. any ideas?

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
what size are the assassins and what size are the snails in the tank. Stop feeding so much. They are going to eat what is easiest.

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
lol. the snails are about an inch, some a little smaller. in my tank i have ramshorns all all sizes. there is no excuse here. ill stop feeding pellets and only vegetables for the apple snails.

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
What kind of pellets are you feeding? If they are shrimp pellets I agree because they have a high protein count that the assassins will go for them first.

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
You have assassins in with your apple snails?

As a warning- despite the size difference- assassins can and do attack and eat apple snails- they will gang up on one at a time.

jaysen

Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
What kind of pellets are you feeding? If they are shrimp pellets I agree because they have a high protein count that the assassins will go for them first.
i am feeding them shrimp pellets enriched with protein and calcium.

You have assassins in with your apple snails?

As a warning- despite the size difference- assassins can and do attack and eat apple snails- they will gang up on one at a time.
i know about this but they havent attacked a single ramshorn so until i see a smaller and easier snail go down, i will keep them together. that or in a week when i put them into my 120 (put the apples in).

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il

I suppose it makes sense. Humans eat cows- but if you put me in a field with a cow and a plate of shrimp scampi- I'd eat the shrimp scampi long before I'd hunt and eat the cow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store