Hospital tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

barbarossa4122

AC Members
Nov 21, 2009
New York City
Hello,

I treated one of my black moore for a bruised eye problem using Melafix. He was in a 10g hospital tank for 7 days and he's fine now, back in the main tank. My Q is: Do I have to use Clorax or any detergent to clean the hospital tank and the filter that I used?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Melafix and Pimafix are holistic type herbal medicines and pose no real threat to most fish. There are exceptions of course.

I personally run a capful of bleach through my hospital tank filter and allow it to circulate for several hours. I then dump the water and filter media.

I allow everything to air dry until it is needed again. I prefer to use an uncycled tank when treating. Just my preference and no written rule about it. I seem to have better luck this way.

barbarossa4122

AC Members
Nov 21, 2009
New York City
Melafix and Pimafix are holistic type herbal medicines and pose no real threat to most fish. There are exceptions of course.

I personally run a capful of bleach through my hospital tank filter and allow it to circulate for several hours. I then dump the water and filter media.

I allow everything to air dry until it is needed again. I prefer to use an uncycled tank when treating. Just my preference and no written rule about it. I seem to have better luck this way.
OK, that's what I'll do. Thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store