Vitamin Pyramid-Naso not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bsharding1982

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
My suggestion is to find some live macroalgae. A brown alga would be preferred, but red and green would be okay, too. Try to avoid feeding Caulerpa unless it is a last effort. Hopefully, it will eat that. How long have you had it and what kind of condition is it in?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Try taking quarter size piece of nori (algae sheet) and rub underwater until bits and pieces of algae are floating around. ALthough grazers, may not recognize piece of nori dangling on clip yet. Once it learns that it is food, would take them anyway you give them.
I would not be surprised if it takes the whole chunk for itself and run (greedy,lol) once well acclimated/adjusted to captive feeding.

Is it at least grazing on rocks/deco?

bsharding1982

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
I haven't seen him grazing, I really hope he is. Would the vitamin c in that pyramid help, or atleast the vitamins/minerals keep him healthy until he gets the hang of eating?

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
I would think the best way to take viatamins is via orally thus I would not dose the tank with vitamin. I doubt any will be absorbed/adsorbed by fish. It just another pollutant in the water which Protein skimmer would work hard to remove.

DO not use any product for F/W in S/W. They do make specific item for s/w use.
Even then, I would mix with food rather than dosing.

How big and old is the tank and is there any other tangs which may harrass the new comer?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store