Using Sand Paper on Glass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Hi Friends,

Hope all is well !

Just wanted to request you friends to kindly guide me if it is ok to use a fine grade of sandpaper on the front glass ( on the inside ) to remove the deposits etc to make the glass clear...

Will it scratch the glass or will it be ok Friends ?

I actually also have a scratch removal kit for Acrylic Tanks and it came in with diffferent grades of sand papers - can I use those on the glass? Any ideas friends ? The hardwater stains on my front glass are very stubborn and it makes the water look un-clear... any ideas friends ?

Please guide and help me here...

Regards and Care
Kush

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I wouldn't.....

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Friends, then please guide me on how do I remove these hardwater stains from the front glass - its making me really upset as no matter how clear the water is it makes it look milky and cloudy...

nagukush

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
Its a 7 Feet - 212 Gallon tank and the Bracing sturcture is such that I cant reach all of the front glass with the blade. The Hood also limits my reach around the front glass -please guide me Friends... Also I have never used Blade on glass,so it will be great if someone can kindly guide me on which blade and how to use it...

haynchinook334

Cichla NO KA OI'
Dec 3, 2009
Really......No sand paper.!!!!

It's the best way to clean glass. 1000grit sand paper would do the trick. I have done it for ever on cars with hard water deposits rain marks and what not. IT WORKS....

Wet sanding....try it on a piece of glass if you don't want to try it on the tank.

glenngreen

AC Members
Mar 26, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Real Name
Glenn Green
rubbing compound also works better than the vinegar. Of course, tank must be empty for that. Glass has a hardness of 6 (on a scale of 1 - 10). Anything with a hardness lower than that (rubbing compound is 4) will not scratch the glass. I dunno what 100-grit sandpaper is rated at, but wet would be the only way to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store