Black and White clown with red belly?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tricity

AC Members
Dec 14, 2009
I have two black and white false perculas, one male and one female. The female had flukes about a month or so ago. Now, when I looked at her, there's some kind of dark red slime or film on her underside, just in front of her rear pectoral fins. It wasn't there yesterday. I have been dealing with a bit of red slime and we thought she might have gotten some on her but that wasn't it. We then thought she might have injured herself on a hermit crab shell (they're both very aggressive toward hermit crabs) but we don't think it's blood. Does this resemble any kind of parasite or disease anyone has ever heard of?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
I can't say I've heard anything quite like it. It may be septicemia, but there's no way to be sure without some pictures, if at all possible. Is it near the pectoral or pelvic fins?

Tricity

AC Members
Dec 14, 2009
Actually, I found out it was a minor injury and a small amount of blood and turned into a gel-like consistency on it's underside. It's gone now, but thank you. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store