bubbletip put himself in a tight situation.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
So the bubbletip I purchased a couple of weeks decided to leave his spot again. he ended up going deep into the rock work.

It's day three now, and I lost site of it.

In order for me to remove it, I'd have to completely remove most of my rock, and try to fit everything together again, and I'm not willing to do that...

- Do you think anemones are instinctively smart enough to move their way back from a tight situation?

- if he doesn't make it back, I suppose he'll die. If I let it be, will that create a mess in the tank, or should I just continue with my water changes, phosban, and carbon?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
1. Yes, anemones will move back into the light when they feel they need it all on their own.

2. Anemones do that quite often, especially RBTA and GBTA anemones.. my baby GBTA in my 29G just 2 days ago went to the very bottom of my tank under the rocks where there is no light and is still there this morning. It had been nice and secure in its spot for the last week, then just decided to get up and move. I can almost guarantee yours will come back out when it wants to. I don't think he will die on you, but if you suspect he did then have plenty of extra carbon on hand and replace it daily for at least a week if your unable to remove the anemone.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Agreed. That is usually the case. Only seriously ailing anemones will move and never go back. Yours seemed to be in plenty good shape. Just give it time and be patient with it.

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
my anenome hates to be in plain view, granted the mated pair of clowns moving it all over the place to their liking don't help

vanessaw

AC Members
Dec 16, 2009
nem trouble

Not to be the bearer of bad news but anenome's can't survive without light, and have heard other tank stories where their nem crawled into a space and died due to lack of light......you'd think they would be smarter than that but I have heard it's not always the case!!

V

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
So I have some great news.... Yesterday, I found the anemone.. Ended up appearing through a crack on the opposite side of the tank...

he was opened up wide, so things seem to be ok... let's just hope he stay there.

anemone.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store