New 20g Shellie Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Well I've got everything but fish in my 20g shellie tank. I originally had just the shells in there, but I added a small slate pile in case I consider a Calvus or a pair of Julies later. So tell me what you think of the 'scape.

IMG_1253.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1258.JPG

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
wow its nice. dont expect it to stay scaped like that though. ive never seen anything dig like my shellies...

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Thanks all! Austin, do you think they would undermine the rocks, or just rearrange the shells? I certainly don't want an avalanche in there! I'll add more pics once it's stocked. Maybe a vid of the remodeling when the new tennants move in!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
depends on the species i suppose. my multies dont move the shells because they cant, but they do dig until they hit bottom. mine have taken refuge in rocks, but have never really dug out a rock. they will dig out a shell big time though.

what species do you plan on getting?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
I plan on getting the Multies as well. I have a guy local selling a group(1m/3f). So I did a little research and tried the lightest, most recommended shells I could. I didn't get the Neothauma shells that occur in the lake due to price, $3 each! What do you think about a Calvus or dwarf Julies later on?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store