Lid vents

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
I'm making a canopy for my 90 thats a basic box style with inset lid. The lid will be fully packed with 6 reflectors. Figureing in the tank rim width and reflectors I wont have much space on the front or back of the canopy for air flow. I am putting in 2-120mm fans blowing to the front across the bulb ends. What I'm thinking about is adding vent slots in the top of the lid but don't know how effective they will be. I'm looking at putting the vents where the reflectors meet so there will be the most open space possible to vent heat. The dims for the vents will be 3/4 x 12 @ 4 slots per side. My next quandry is the tank heating up. I know I can add fan or fans to my sump which is no big deal. I've already started my brain on a fan set up for the sump. So what do y'all think about the venting I've come up with.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
The vents will make a big difference, since heat has the tendency to rise. It made a big difference for mine, but I also have lids on top of my canopy, which I crack to vent if necessary. I also have screened vents on either end of the canopy and I also use T5s (I'm assuming this is what you are using, judging from the description).

WharfRat

Don't Panic / Always Carry A Towel
Jul 6, 2004
Orlando Fl
www.aquatichabitats.com
Heh..yep..T5s..got so caught up in making sure I explained what I was looking for I forgot one of the main components.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store