can I get some cats?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
A stocking question. I'm about two weeks away from being done stocking my 20g. I don't want to over stock at all. But I got thinking last night at my fish store about how much I adored my cory cat I had in a pervious tank. I don't name fish, only favorites get named, and my cat was christened a name very quickly. When I'm done my tank will have:

6 white clouds
7 rasbora
4 gold barbs
2 dwarf gouramis

there is a chinese algae fish (I don't know his species. he looks like a loach, I adopted him from a friend) in there. He's full grown at about 3 inches. I could remove him if I wanted.

if my tank is too stocked for cories I could either get another chinese algae fish (my friend NEVER learns... she has a love for bottom feeders) or maybe take out the barbs, which I have yet to order.

any and all opinions would be nice.

thank you :)

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
You would probably be OK with two or three cories. they like to be with others of their species and are great at cleaning the bottom of the tank. After the cories I would leave your tank and let it mature. Live plants help with a heavily loaded tank too as they use fish waste as food! Remember to wash any plants & check for snails or you will have a surprise!

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
Originally posted by Must4ng s4lly
You would probably be OK with two or three cories. they like to be with others of their species and are great at cleaning the bottom of the tank. After the cories I would leave your tank and let it mature. Live plants help with a heavily loaded tank too as they use fish waste as food! Remember to wash any plants & check for snails or you will have a surprise!
nice, thanks.

yeah, I have a bit of an aquatic garden that is intresting me just as much as my fish. I'll be getting some more plants next week, maybe when I go to the store to pick up some cories. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store