2 Sick Red Parrots and a Synodontis Ocellifer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jay26

Registered Member
Jun 16, 2009
Ohio
So yesterday was the first time I noticed that one of my 2 red parrots had to white blisters on its head betweens its eyes. I didnt think much of it till today when i checked on it again and it had a third blister and so i thought something was up i checked the other fish and the other red parrot has the same blister looking thing under its head near its gill. I also noticed that my synodontis Ocellifer has what appears to be a flesh eatting disease near its anal fin about a 1/4 inch in diameter. so my question is what are these things im guessing that for the parrots it may be some type of HITH "Hole in the Head" and for the syndontis im not sure other then it may have rubbed up against something. the tank has been established over a year and a half now and no New fish have been introduced in a long time. So im looking for suggestions on what it may be and how I might treat them keeping in mind the catfish are scaleless some treatments could very easily kill them.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I can't really help but I just wanted to say welcom to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store