Quick question about adding parasite meds to my brackish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MudSkipFlip

Registered Member
Dec 19, 2009
Hi peepz, I have a 42g brackish tank with 3 mudskippers. I'm pretty sure one of my lil' guys has a sum sort of parasite. Not sure if its internal or external parasite. But he is really dark in color, like almost black (and has been for almost a week now), I noticed he's got white and yellow stringy poopsies, he also hasn't been eating much or anything at all, also he's been breathing overly heavy & just chillin' @ the bottom of the tank.

Anyways back to the point of this post.... I know that if u think one of ur fish is sick, ur supposed to place it in a quarantine tank.... But if one of my mudskippers has a parasite, wouldn't the rest of them have it also? I picked up sum Parasite Clear by Tank Buddies and I was just wondering if I can or should just treat my 42g tank or if I should set up my 20g and quarantine the one that I believe is ill?

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I would not treat until you diagnose. That way you are not giving the wrong med to any fish. Try QTing it and see what happens and closely watch the other ones IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store