spore review?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
has anyone here ever played the video game spore? it looks really fun, just wonderin what others have to say.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Depends, if you were like me and followed it through it's development and the promises that they gave. You'd be incredibly disappointed.

People who weren't into from the beginning tend to give it better reviews than people like me. It's fairly shallow, but the creature building can be fun. I stopped playing about a week after it was released, so keep in mind that I'm not familiar with any new expansions or patches it has.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I enjoyed the first parts of the games, and the later parts much less. I liked 'evolving' my creatures, but the whole space thing wasn't as much for me. I definitely enjoyed it, and still enjoy playing sometimes.
I agree with Zaffy though. They promised a lot, and fell short. I wanted a lot more biology.

Zaffy

Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
If you can grab it cheap, it's worth a shot. You might enjoy it. I paid $10 for the creature creator before the game came out and got my moneys worth from that.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
see i was following it from the moment it was first announced, and waited like 4 years for it to come out. it seems they didnt hold up to the promises. i need a good PC to buy it though.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
I agree. At first it was fun but it slowly got worse. I usually do not finish one game before starting another because it gets boring. I'd say 3 out of 5 stars.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
the space part looks like alot of fun, i read that its coming to xbox360, does anyone know anything about this?

Zaffy

Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
Will Wright said it would, but that was a long time ago, and he doesn't work for EA anymore does he?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
idk, i may just have to buy it for PC. but i dont think my computer can handle the graphic requirements

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
idk, i may just have to buy it for PC. but i dont think my computer can handle the graphic requirements
atx all the way... upgrade as you see fit. :thumbsup: amd, ati, cooler master, kingston, western digital, asus and msi are all no-brainer brands. dual boot with linux with a shared partition and use linux for most applications and your windows o.s. will stay much cleaner longer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store