What type or filtration would be best for a 30-40 gal brakish tank!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sea-community

Love-to put more Life, into my life
Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
im going"shopping" on the 30th and i need to know the type of filtration nd air flow that would be neccarsary for 40-30 gal brackish? basically what would be every thing i need for a brackish tank besides the tank-fish-live sand-heater and what not, like i want to know from people with expierence with a similar sized tank on everytihing the it would need to be "brackish", i want to know what i need to check the ph and and know the salinity, i need to know the type of power head ands different canister filters i need to get to make this the tank iv been wanting. also i was wondering from poeple who have gone through with all of this if thi is going to be under 200? since i have what i think most of what the tank needs, or is this going to cost me an unexpecting fortune...which i have already spent.

sea-community

Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
i already have 2 GPS's but im soon going to be upgraidn tothe tank and not for a couple of onths is when it has to be fully brackish.

sea-community

Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
for a 30 gal how much would that cost? and what im wondering if theere is a special one i need for brackish?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
I would go with canister. if you are planning on having 2 gsps in the 30 you are allready stocked to full capactiy, overstocked even. get a canister filter that is 3 X the tank size IMO

sea-community

Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
and yes i know im planny on getting at least a 50 i dont think i could go to 60 right now...

stratusfearrr

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
get a canister. I'm selling a fluval 305 if you are interested. It'd be overfiltering your tank, so thats always a plus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store