Ident. an anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Moonshadow54

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
West Plains, Missouri
I have this anemone someone gave me almost 2 years ago. It has since spit out a baby that has grown to the size of the original, about 3" oral disk. They have a long column that is basically white with tan stripes. The thing is I don't have a clue as to what kind of anemones they are. They have a nice tan color on the tentacles and have tiny rings towards the tips. The tips themselves are white dots. They are very healthy and are doing quite well. I have them in two seperate tanks. The original one in my main tank and the other in a 30 gal reef. Any help would be appreciated.

anemone1.JPG

Moonshadow54

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
West Plains, Missouri
I wasn't sure. I used to have a Condy but it didn't have the rings or ridges on the tentacles. I think the Condy also had pink or purple tips. Could be though this is just a wierd one.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
This particular species is variable and can have striations on the tentacles. They may or may not have pink tips, too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store