10 Gallon Multi Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
After ending up with an empty 10 gallon tank, I decided I'd like to try breeding Neolamprogus multifasciatus shell dwelling cichlids. MsJinkzd is hooking me up with a proven pair, so I am getting the tank ready.

First, I ordered some really pretty shells from this website. They were supposed to ship out today, so when I receive them, I will tell you all about my buying experience. They had some really cool shells.
I also got some sand from my visit with MsJinkzd, and even more shells from 'The Fallen' (that is, the snails who did not survive transhipping).
So, I've got the AquaClear 20 set up in it now, with a heater. I have the sponge which will be going into it in my 20 gallon right now. I am going to be getting some holey rock from Mel_20_20.
I also mixed a couple handfuls of coral sand in with the sand from MsJinkzd, just to add even more buffering.
I'll probably get some kind of Anubias to tie to one of the rocks, just to add a little color.

One pic for now. It's pretty cloudy. I rinsed the sand out for quite a while, but you can never get it all, eh?

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Looks good so far yep i always hate that sand settledown issue myself, cool that Rach is going to hook you up and you guys look like your close enough as well.. Here are a few photos of my 20gal long Multi tank with the sand, THR and Anubias..

Also that place you bought shells from the owner Don is a good guy.. I would recommend him every time for shells and caves..

Here a few photos to show that plants can be kept with shellies this setup has been up for over a year now..

001.JPG

006.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

002.JPG

Sorry some of the photos are blurry these Multi's are a quick fish..

001.JPG 006.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 002.JPG

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
no they arnt, you just gotta learn to take photos pitt! lol, dont feed them to take the pics. sit in the room with the lights out and just wait patiently.

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
A shellie tank will be so cool. I can't wait to see how things progress. So kind of our most gracious and benevolent Invert Queen to help you out so generously. Go Rach.:D

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Awesome, can't wait to see the multis!

I am really starting to like shellies...I don't think that is a good thing though when I am trying to downgrade! :)

Rach is AMAZING! She is so giving with whatever she can offer. And I want to buy just about everything she has for sale & even the things she doesn't have for sale! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store