FS Riparium Package - Madison, WI - Shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
*Grow Emersed Aquatic Plants in Your Aquarium*

$27.00--Riparium Plants with Planters: Magnetic Small Hanging Planter + Peace Lily + Nano Trellis Raft + Pilea + USPS Priority Shipping

Planted ripariums are a new way to grow plants in aquariums. Floating and hanging planters hold the emersed (growing above the water) plants at the waterline. Riparium plants offer a number of benefits for the aquarium environment:

• Natural cover for fish
  • Beautiful live foliage and blooms
  • Robust biological filtration
  • Removal of heavy metals and other toxins

Since they grow above the water, and acquire their carbon dioxide from the air, riparium plants do not require injection of additional CO2, as some fully aquatic plants do to grow well in an aquarium, and are completely algae-free. The plants do need space to grow above the water, so most aquarium setups will require minor modification--either by lowering the water (and fish stocking) or by raising the lights--to accommodate them. This picture shows an example of a partially-filled 20-gallon tank with riparium plants.

To plant up a whole riparium layout it is necessary to have enough planters to cover most of the space along the rear pane of glass. However, this package has all of the components necessary to start a few riparium plants in your aquarium. This picture is a good illustration of what the package includes.

The Magnetic Small Hanging Planter (1) features a super-strong sandwich magnet for easy and secure mounting on the aquarium glass. Expanded clay pebbles (also included) fill the planter and create an excellent rooting environment for the peace lily (Spathiphyllum sp.) (2). The foam Nano Trellis Raft (3) holds erect midground stem plants, such as the 'Silver Tree Pilea' (4) and snaps into place at the front of the Magnetic Small Hanging Planter.

The plants in this offer are included loose and ready to plant, and are somewhat smaller than those pictured, but with some care they will grow well in your aquarium.

Here is another picture showing the elements positioned in an aquarium.

Notice that the foliage and shadows effectively obscure the foam and plastic planters.

To review, this package contains the following items:

1. Magnetic Small Hanging Planter--with expanded clay pebbles and a few additional accessories
  2. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.)--2 divisions
  3. Nano Trellis Raft
  4. 'Silver Tree' Pilea--3 stems
  5. USPS Priority Mail shipping
  6. Insulated Shipping Box & Heat Pack

All of these are included for $27.00.

Please send a PM for payment details or any other questions that might come to mind. I have enough materials to put together 8 of these packages, so inquire soon if you are interested.

Cheers,

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
These sandwich magnets work really well and make a secure mount on glass up to 3/8" thick. Here is the magnetic planter with a Dieffenbachia plant, another good riparium specimen.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Y'all this is a bump.

I have had two inquiries, but I still have all of these packages left.

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Free bump for interesting product.... I'll absolutely be in touch if I decide to incorporate some of these in my upcoming project

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey thanks mellowvision. Just holler whenever you might be able to make some more room.

Here is another shot of the 20-gallon where I have some plants similar to this offer.

IT's a little bit tight in this tank--it's just 12" front-to-back--but the emersed stuff makes for some nice foliage and the fish like the habitat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store