Dying ghost shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lake_tuna

AC Members
Dec 14, 2009
Hey guys, so I had this ghost shrimp for about 2-3 months, and it seems to be dying at the moment. When I got it, it had a transparent body, but lately, it's been kind of non-transparent and yellowish. Is this a sign of something bad in the water, or is it just time for him to go? I'm reading that it's a sign that it will expire soon, but I thought these shrimp live 1-2 years.

I had a crystal red shrimp die a week ago, but that one seemed like it got stuck under an ornament in the tank. The ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels are all optimal. WC is done every week, and I add recommended dosage of Flourish Excel and Flourish at less than half of the recommended dosage, since I have only low-light plants.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
how many shrimp do you have left? I thought it was supposed to be half the dosage of excel. could be wrong though

I have amano and red cherry shrimp and excell has not been an issue with mine dosing every other day

sorry for your loss.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
some ghost shrimp just turn a funny color sometimes,this may be the case with yours but im not sure.btw i have a female who started to turn green

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store