loach suggestion?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
I'm setting up a new 30g tank and was thinking about what fish to populate it with.

I had bengal loaches in the past and remember them to be great characters... so I figure i'd throw it out there. Any recommendations for a loach that is full of character?

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
Two types I've had that would fit in a 30 are kuhlis and sids (aka dwarf chain loaches) and both have lots of character. The kuhlis are thin and worm-like and some people have said their kuhlis were shy, but mine were pretty active at all times of day and rarely hid. Sids are a botiine species and are extremely active and fun to watch.

Jeremy Smith

Lizard loachnut
May 18, 2006
ma
A few diffrent loaches come to mind, what else would you plan on putting in as tank mates?
Dario may be quarle some with each other in that size tank, some of the smaller botians could be ok. Striata, Sids as mentioned before, nigroliniata (very similar to sids). Also depending on water chemistry and or filtration some of the smaller riverin types or even Yunnailus Brevis who has odd water chemistry from most loaches.
So it is up to you to decide what else you would like in with them, then we could give you some more specific possibilities.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store