favourite bottom dweller?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenricae

AC Members
Dec 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC Canada
I'm setting up a brand new 30g tank and was curious about peoples favourite bottom dwellers... i'm a fan of playfull fish with character and have enjoyed having loaches in the past. Wondering what else folks would recommend as their favourite bottom dwellers?

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if you want playful, then go with cories! I love mine.... 2 albinos, 4 regular size bronze, 1 behemoth bronze (her name is Bertha, lol), and 2 corydoras barbatus. I'd say the most active and 'fun' out of the lot are the bronzes, they like to do the wave across the front of the tank, all of them, all the time, lol.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
I do like my panda cories (and my paleatus I used to have), but my favorites are definitely my clown loaches, but they obviously need a much larger tank. Kuhli loaches would be another good option for a 30

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I do like my panda cories (and my paleatus I used to have), but my favorites are definitely my clown loaches, but they obviously need a much larger tank. Kuhli loaches would be another good option for a 30
Kuhli loaches are awesome! IME the black ones are out much more in the light than the yellow/black banded ones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store