need advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
help..my water has a green tent to it..?? what causer this...not sure what my water test at but the guy at the lfs said that my water is fine..I also added some phosphate padding ( it's like filter media) about 3 or 4 months ago ..and my water is still green..i also did a 10 percent water change about a week ago..so can anybody please tell me what cause this.? and how to fix it.?..thanks:help2:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Cause.. not 100% sure, I bet Amphiprion could give you some ideas though. For solution though, that's an easy one, put in some fresh carbon, that will clean it up.

As for your phosphate pad.. they only last a few days in most tanks because there is so little phosphate remover media (GFO) in the pads, so keeping it in there for months has to be causing way more problems than it is helping if you still have it in there. I have seen peoples tanks that had .5 phosphates and used a bottle of GFO, which would be at least 10x the amount of GFO that is in a pad, and still exhaust it all within 48 hours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store